Type E Solution®
Non-corrosive plane bearings that retrofit tapered roller bearings with zero grease! Zero rust!
EDT Type E bearings retrofit tapered roller bearings in locations where there is high radial load at low to moderate speeds. They are ideal retrofits for tapered roller bearings in locations that are prone to corrosion or where food safety is a concern.
EDT Type E Solution® bearings dimensionally interchange many brands of mounted tapered roller bearings. The split Type E Solution® series directly retrofits RPB mounted roller bearings in configurations:
- Pillow blocks, 2-and 4-bolt sizes
- Flange units, 4-bolts
- Piloted flange units, 4-and 6-bolts as appropriate
Type E Solution® bearings are available in stainless steel or EDT ‘KG’ polymer housing. Advantages are:
- ZERO grease
- Completely non-corrosive
- Unaffected by process moisture
- Poly-Sphere® insert can be rotated 180° to more fully utilize the plane bearing
- Select appropriate bearing material based on the application
- Housing is reusable through many insert change-outs
EDT Type E Solution® bearing assemblies directly interchange with spherical- and tapered-roller bearing assemblies by many manufacturers. However, the individual components: stainless or KG polymer housing, Poly-Sphere® insert, locking sleeve are exclusive to EDT components.